Wednesday, October 28, 2009

God's Will vs. Free Will

I have a very specific picture in my head of this. I have read a lot about the different methods for discerning the Will of God. I don't believe that God would leave the fate of humanity to the personal whims of an entire planet. And God doesn't speak to me directly, although if I want to know what he thinks about something, I go to the book that contains his voice, the Bible. "Delight in Me and I will give you the desires of your heart." God wants to give us what we want. But, more specifically, what we have wanted with a 'sustained longing'. Hear yourself saying it, "I have always wanted......." When I was 12, I wanted to be a doctor. At 42, a divorced mother of 4 children (Army Major ex-husband in jail awaiting trial for trying to kill me.), medical school seems a long shot. BUT, I'm finally finishing my BA in psychology. OOHHH!!! I never specifically said 'medical' doctor, and I will someday be a doctor - a PhD! And when people say, "What about Free Will?" Well, if God numbers the hairs on your head, then God's Will is in charge ultimately. How bout this?? God knows you SOOO well that He knows what your decision is going to be even before you make it. So, His Will is done, but not without us going in many directions and learning plenty of lessons along the way. If you have forgotten what the desires of your heart are, don't worry. God knows the heart of your desire and He will give you what it is you have always wanted, which is ultimately what God's Will has been all along!!!! Have patience that looks like 'anxious anticipation'. Like sitting on the edge of your seat. I see God's hand in every second of every day. And once you do, you literally can't wait for the Blessings God has in store for you!! No coincidence, every moment planned by God, every meeting arranged by Him, With Perfect Peace, Perfect Love, No conflict, real connections. I am so excited by just writing this!! My 'Love Tank' is on FULL, thanks to the love from Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment